25 March - 20 April 2019

3 April 2018

Last week was so busy, working late a majority of the days. 

I am trying to write a more broader perspective of my life before I get into the details of each day.
Cycling has been nice with thirty gears. I like that I can have an easy bike ride no matter what the incline of the hill.
Cycling & work is basically my life before my spiritual studies. I have decided to study the Book of Mormon in the morning, Modern speechs by Latter-day Saints at lunch, and 'Come, follow me' in the night. I could probably write for hours about my studies, but I should write about last week first.

25 March 2019

Today is my first day cycling to work with my new bike. It felt like I had unlimited gears. I always had another gear to go to. The bicycle is not brand new my chain did fall off a couple times, since it needed oil.
I felt a little overwhelmed at work because I was told to do something different from many different people seemly every few minutes.

26 March 2019

I reissued all of the outstanding field deficiency reports, getting good response. I only got document to sign off a few items, or at least proposing their sign off.

27 March 2019

Today I worked late again. At two in the afternoon I was told that I needed to provide the documentation, resolving RDH's site visit report 47. I had most of it, but one request was resolved about a month ago; however, one remained. Since it was taken for granted, the quality control caulking crew did not understand the request. I had to chase down it's completion.

28 March 2019

In the morning, I worked on smoke seal sequence until another revision of the splice mullion plan was required.

29 March 2019

My plan was not enough. Management wanted to all of the remaining mullions to install. The project manager stayed late with me until I finished the preparation, leaving about 7 pm. I spoke with Hoffman's evening superintendent as I was leaving. I left the building, but I forgot my bike helmet. Again, I spoke with Hoffman's evening superintendent as I was leaving, asking what I should do because my project manager asked me to schedule inspections for Monday today being Friday. We went to talk to the welder to see his weekend plan. I did not know what to schedule, since we just completed all of that we can possibly do a couple hours ago; then, we walked some deficient areas. As I was leaving, the superindendent felt generous, taking me down from level two to the ground level. The welder was with us, and the man lift made an odd noise. The door would not open, and there elevator would not go up. We could not leave the issue unresolved. The superintendent recognized someone that can help, so they figured it out as I chatted with the welder. I arrived home at 10 pm.

30 March 2019

In the temple, I heard my Tongan friend speak his native language. It sounded very similar to Chinese, having one syllable words. He  confirmed that Tongan is very similar to Chinese. It is like Chinese but without tones. Many words have multiple meanings as one word in different situations can have diverse definitions.
After working in the temple, I had to meet with the upper management of Columbia Stone Inc. to see, if we have enough raw mullion material. I had to work very late last night to have all the data to have an effective meeting. The meeting was to coordinate the field with the shop. I contributed a lot, but the CEO did a lot of the figure work with the shop manager. This was my first Saturday that I was requested to work.
In the evening we had a game night at Jordan's house. We played Super Fight, a game similar to Apples to Apples. Jessica was a witch, who challenged me to a fight on high heels. My Darth Vader may have lost, but his prosthetic legs was replaced with Kardashian legs; then, he had no problem on high heels. Another duel with Jessica was a go cart race. My gorilla won easily because Hulk would have totally destroyed the go cart merely by his raw strength. He would rip off the steering wheel or push the gas pedal through the bottom.

31 March 2019

Our ward choir sang in church today. I don't recall the name of the song, but I remember that Jessica confessed a love for singing with the choir, which is an improvement over her social anxiety.
Someone left wheat at church, which I grabbed quickly, but I found that it was not ground. I need to figure out how to do that; then, I can choose how refined that I would like my wheat to be, which would be the least level possible. If I purchase unground wheat grains, I could save even more money, and have greater agency over my diet. I just need to figure out how to ground the wheat grains.

1 April 2019

Today is a rough Monday. I felt thrown under the bus as I am required to perform many task, requiring results on all levels of my responsibilities.

2 April 2019

A successful inspection day; a note that I don't know how to expound.
I finalized the release of Splice Mullion Plan. The owner's representative and everyone practically was needing me to get it out to them.

3 April 2019

The week has slowed down, since we are concluding our SOR and inspection work.
I seem to enjoy services funded by advertisements. My TextNow phone service is that way. One of their ads introduced me Trebel. It is awesome how they legally allow people download songs, having offline access, by the endurance of -ads. I have wished for a collection of Dream Theater music, and I downloaded all that I can through the app.

5 April 2019

I have worked on completing the QC sequence manual for the past couple days. I did my final review; then, my project manager wanted the sequence of stone installation to be more direct. Previously we assumed that the field can figure it out with minimal instruction; however, more instruction is required. I was hoping to complete the Quality Control Sequence Manual today.

6 April 2019

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' 189th annual general conference started today. I got a bunch of notes during the first session, falling asleep in the second session. I tried to take a quick nap, but Jessica wanted to visited her family as soon as possible. After the second session, we went to Lucas' place to watch the priesthood session.
Yesterday evening I drove to Winco, and we were pulled over by the police. I thought that they might have wanted me to get out their way, when I saw their lights. They pulled me over to tell me that my license plate lights were out. Lucas helped us. We bought the lights at O'Reilly's. He took the car apart to put the lights in. It is odd that he had to take so much of the back off.
After priesthood session, Lucas asked if we would like to watch a movie. I said that I wanted to watch 'Shazam!' I tweeted my review. "I just watched 'Shazam!' It is excellent. Characters are developed well. Story is deep. Villian is good. Themes are good, but the humor is weak, which is disappointing, since it is sold as a comedy. There are inconsistencies in the film. I told Jessica that I would rank the recent DC films:
1) Aquaman (9 out of 10)
2) Wonder Women (8 out of 10)
3) Shazam! (7 out of 10)
4) Justice League (6 out of 10)
5) Batman v. Superman (5 out of 10)

The quality of DC films are getting more consistent, but 'Shazam!' doesn't raise the standard of their films above Aquaman."

7 April 2019

The second day of conference was good. I will copy and paste my notes now.

Morning Session Saturday General Conference April 2019

Elder Ulisses Soares  
  
The voice of Christ will be expressed.  
  
How can I understand without guidance?  
Teacher & Student  
  
learn statues & covenants; then, teach them.  
  
Coming into Christ requires prayer.  
  
Role modeling is best.  
  
Actions speak louder than words.  
  
Never reject, or judge wayward children. Love them.  
  
Learn love despite sorrow.  

Widows are never raising children alone with Christ.  
  
  
Carol?  
  
Don't seek happiness in objects.  
  
The covenant track may run into obstacles, and a train cannot swerve from track.  
  
Are you careful or casual in living the gospel?  
  
Careful  
not formal and stuffy  
appropriate  
Standards are not temporary.  
  
We are not meant to blend in the world.  
  
Worthy V. Perfection  
for revelation  
  
  
Brook P. Hales  
  
God blesses us more than our needs & desires.  
  
Answers to prayers  
  
God knows all, making preparations to answer prayer by the power of the Holy Ghost.  
God also knows better than man.  
God knows best.  
  
Greater blessings may be in preparation.  
  
  
Dieter F Uctdorf  
  
Share your love.  
  
Timid?  
  
requires a heart & willing mind.  
  
Guilt free missionary opportunities  
Come unto Jesus  
Love others. See others as Children of God. Be a true friend.  
Example  
  
Share What is in your heart  
naturally speak of Christ until it is unnatural not to.  
  
How was your weekend? Speak of church.  
  
Trust God. You don't convert others that is God's jobs.  
  
Rejoice to share in Christ's suffering.  
  
  
Cancer humbled.  
  
Minister is more than a friend.  
  
Help others obtain their divine potential.  
  
Simple acts are powerful because they invite the spirit to the lives of all participating.  
  
  
Henry Eyring  
  
Whitmer Family Home  
Holy place  
spiritually minded  
  
Be aware of the pride cycle.  
Don't seek classes of people.  
  
Learning faith is the key to humility.  
  
Set the example of growth.  
  
Prayer grows faith of each member participating.  
  
Family who prays together is together even when far apart.  
  
Homes can be a missionary training center.  
  
Emphasis temples in family.  
  
Work for a celestial life, and the family arrangments will be made, which will be beyond your expectations.

Saturday afternoon session of the April General Conference 2019

What is truth?  
  
Truth goes far beyond science.  
  
(Slept)  
  
  
Jeffery R Holland  
  
Behold the Lamb of God  
  
Atonement Sacrificial Lamb  
  
A second veil?  
  
Symbol  
  
The two hour service is to focus more on the Sacrament  
The Sacred ordinance  
  
Reduce the clamour in the chapel  
  
Reduce unnecessary announcements

Priesthood Session General Conference April 2019

Stevenson  
  
Priesthood Quorum is a team. Know your role.  
Affliction & Temptation Play Book  
Practicing discipline increases faith.  
  
They don't identify themselves by what they do, but as who they are.  
  
Play Book is in the Holy Scriptures.  
  
Listen to your trusted coaches.  
  
Get In the game.  
  
Hours of practice to perfect one aspect of a sport.  
  
  
Carl B Cook  
  
Baptism; then, what,  
Priesthood Quorum can embrace new converts.  
  
Long shots & underdogs  
  
Embrace good change.  
  
Brotherhood  
  
Only in Africa?  
No..  
  
  
Kim B. Clark  
  
Build homes  
Minister  
Accelerate Family History work  
Trust God completely.  
  
Doubts & fears disappear when we focus on God in every thought.  
  
Work of salvation  
  
I am not alone because the father is with me.  
  
See beyond into the heart of others that we serve by revelation.   

  
Christ is expressed in our works of salvation.  
  
  
Henry Eyring  
  
Power in sustaining others  
  
Jesus Christ sustained the Father's Plan, and all men born on Earth sustained.  
  
All Earthly labels are temporary.  
  
  
Russel M Nelson  
  
Preach nothing but Repentance  
  
Focus daily on Repentance  
  
Satan works to distrupt testimony development  
  
Identify what stops you from repenting, and resolve it in order to continue to repent.  
  
Satan tempts us to abuse ours and others' bodies because he is jealous. He wants us to be miserable in our bodies; although, physical bodies are a key to happiness.  

  
Pray to attune your heart with your wife's. Her input will improve you output.  
  
Communicate your love of the savior to the members of your family.

Morning Session Sunday General Conference April 2019

Dale G. Renlund

Blessings requires action. Actions are minuscule compared to the blessings.

You do not earn blessings.

Some blessing require prayer.

Expedition to Arizona
Push on and pray again.

Light the match with prayer.
Oxygen, the flow of fuel for the fire, is the continual actions of faith.

Do all that you can & trust God will provide.

Stay connected to the light of Christ, or we will start dying.

Oil in wounds?

Quentin L. Cook

Service requires charity.

Charity will help an invitation's acceptance.

Limit media content that distracts from your primary responsibilities.

D Todd Christofferson

Second coming - oppression & injustice will be eliminate.

Prepare for it
Live for our day, yet prepare for future.

Seek to build Zion, the pure in heart, where there is no poor among them.

Gathering of Isreal is the greatest work.

Family History work gathers Israel, establishing Zion.

Tad Callister

obstacles
Physical Death
Spiritual Death
Affliction
Weakness

Justice is lawful like gravity.

Christ descended below all things.

The presence of the Holy Ghost is evident of the atonement of Jesus Christ is working in an individual's life.

Guilt is a warning/protection.

In affliction, God may
remove them,
grant broader perspective
strengthen us in them.

Russell M. Nelson

Enabling children and youth.

Enabling laws of the Lord.

contributing citizens

You have brought me much joy.

Where is my family?

Love & righteousness does not save and exalt man without priesthood covenants.

Act now. Time is running out.

Reticent
adj. - Inclined to keep one's thoughts, feelings, and personal affairs to oneself. See Synonyms at silent.

adj. - Restrained or reserved in style.

adj. - Reluctant; unwilling.

Sunday Afternoon General Conference Session  April 2019

Dallin H. Oaks

Man & God
judgment

Merciful

Atoning Sacrifice

Man can be sentenced to life without parole, and the same crime can be more merciful under the laws of God.

Repent of inactions & actions

Mortal Waiving of Penalties

Judged by Works & desires.

Good is restored unto goodness.
Wicked is restored

Repentance in the spirit world is uncertain.

Thoughts will condemn us.

Juan Villar

Spiritual gifts grow only in action like muscles.

Countenances change by the light of Christ.

sunbathing in light of Christ

Teaching us not to be passive.

Garret Gong

Christ sets the example for ministering.

David Bednar

What did you learn about Christ at home rather than what did you learn about Christ at church?

We cannot depend on the church for our testimony. Home & family is the foundation.

We need our own knowledge. We cannot survive on borrowed revelation.

Make our home a sanctuary

Teach your children about the temple ordinances in reverence.

Covenants are given.

Public information
Resources to learn about the temple.
temple.churchofjesuschrist.org

McKay

Blessings

Soon is not soon for me.
Child, Parent, Heavenly Father

Immediate Hope
Kindness

immediate goodness of God

Rasband

ponder is the next step.

Homes are fortress in the Kingdom of God.

Thomas Rasband & Thomas Hicken helped build Heber City, UT

The fortress is as strong as the individuals therein.

Satan will not win overall, but the lives of individuals are at risk.

Learn to reject Satan through experience.

Renovate and rededicate your lives.

8 April 2019

Today felt slow because I am getting into a different mode. Punchlist is odd, when we don't have and finished interior products. The project manager asked me to other things other than Quality Control, needing help billing for welders work.

9 April 2019

I asked for two and a half week vacation today. I am going on a cruise with my mother and Judy McNally. I went with them to Thailand more ten years ago. We are leaving May second, visiting the Rome & Greece area.
I got a hair cut today at Bishops. I said that I don't want a buzz cut, but I want it as short a possible. I think that she took it too Iiterally, cutting with only with scissors until I asked her to fade the back with a buzzer. Barbers are not this literal most of the time. 
I am listening to the album "Images & Words," and I think that it is my favorite album of Dream Theater.

10 April 2019

People have been asking me for advice as an alumni of BYU-Idaho. I composed the following response last week:

"Hi Cameron,
Thank you for reaching out to me. I hope that I responded in a timely manner according to your hopes.
Construction Management is one of a few majors that enables an individual to begin a career without a master's degree. I was not a most academically successful student in my classes. I transferred late, doing the minimum classes to graduate. The major is very general contractor focused at BYU-Idaho. There are so many opportunities for our major, and they are well-paying too. Subcontractors are often forgotten, and they are the ones that need greater management because they take most of the risk. I work for Columbia Stone, a subcontractor. Practically anything construction related is an option.
One thing that I would verify before seeking other classes to complement construction management is that your graduation plan includes all classes required, and make sure to complete them. One can graduate without completing all the classes, yet they will require you to complete all of them. I would recommend a cluster in business. Construction is very profit oriented. Managers need to comprehend how to make profit. This is a common oversight of architects. Everyone is money oriented, and construction managers need to understand all stakeholders perspectives.
I would advise construction management students to dedicate all their work, skill, and extracurricular activities to the program of BYU-Idaho. Participate in the competitions, society, and all other opportunities.
Keep in touch."

Jordan Grimes, the son of the family that is hosting Jasmine and Lucas, asked me for advice about BYU-Idaho. He is interested in home design & real estate. He would be a transfer student like me.

13 April 2019

Today was interesting. A few minutes before I arrived home from serving as an ordinance worker at the Portland temple. The circuit, carrying the lights, died. Jessica has been cleaning the house for some time, and it was not ready; however, we needed to address the situation. I spoke to management, and they came immediately. They thought that it was bazarre that everything worked except the lights. Jessica and I worked to have the house as clean as possible before the maintance guy came. The maintenance guy found that the circuit breaker needed to be replaced. 

We played SuperFight again with Jasmine and Lucas. Jessica was annoyed how good that I was at the game; although, I did not win all the time. One round had the challenge to have the raddest pro skateboarder. I had the grim reaper, coming with a parachute and landing on a half pipe. Other players gave my character a war elephant and a robotic exoskeleton. Everyone stuck to their characters except Jasmine chose mine; then, everyone chose mine at the end.

20 April 2018

This past week will be simple to explain because I mainly focused on one project; however, the project was complex. I started the project the previous Friday. The project is to compose the Kingspan insulation panel cut tickets for the penthouse floor and the parapets of the tower. When I composed cut tickets previously, the fabrication shop manager would crunch a lot of the numbers, and I would double check, composing the cut tickets quite easily; however, he quit. The fab shop manager would typically make cut tickets for one elevation at a time. He quit a long time ago, and things have changed. Another project engineer headed Kingspan cut tickets for months, yet the project manager asked me to make the final cut tickets. I used to make cut tickets for one elevation at a time, but the project manager asked me to make cut tickets for eight elevations & three levels. The main reason that this project was complicated was because we have bands of stone at three different heights or widths. On Friday I rushed out three big ticket ordered, which needed to be revised early last week. I only got one of the three sets of ticket completely wrong. I won't get into all the details, but in the end I issued over two hundred cut tickets with a few revisions. 

One exciting thing is that I was recruited to write for a for-profit publication startup. It is founded by the same person that founded the Moroni Channel, and it is called 'The Commonwealth'; a business, news, and politics publication. A couple articles, which I published with the Moroni Channel, have already been added. I plan to write more research and professional articles for the publication. The founder of the website is very consistent. I have felt off and on lately, being in a writing slump. I am hopeful with this website because the founder is good at marketing and editing. The link to the website is cmlth.com. I made the website my browser homepage to remind me of my work with the publication.

Comments