Memorial Day 2019

21 April 2019

Today Jessica & I sang with the ward during Easter's sacrament service. 'God so loved' was the song. Our choir is nice and balanced with a good amount of each part.

24 April 2019

Time goes by at an interesting pace. I think that it is good; a good pace. It is not too fast & not too slow, yet I can't keep up with journal writing.
On Saturday, I had sacred moments, serving in the temple, but I don't know whether I should write about it. David Bednar spoke about this at conference a couple weeks ago. Jessica joined me, and she made it special.

26 April 2019

Last weekend was not productive, and I let Youtube make me leave work late. I did make final arrangements and reminders for Lucas' birthday, which Jessica planned. I decided to lock my phone away for the rest of the weekend.
Jessica and I cleaned our apartment a lot. Throwing away useless things, we had boxes and bags of stuff that the apartment. There are things that will never happen; unless, you do it. I had to seize the moment on Wednesday.
On Tuesday I was trained and certified to drive the Hydro-mobile lift. Columbia stone is using hydro-mobile lifts to access the exterior of the Multnomah County Central Courthouse.
Jeff, our estimator, came in on Wendesday to learn my duty, and work to do while I am on my cruise. He is overwhelmed, but he is hard working. I trust that he will do great.
I should be asleep at this time, resting to serve in the Portland Temple; especially since, Jordan Grimes asked me to pick him up to join me; however, Jessica substituted for a sister in the evening shift at the Portland Temple. I treated myself to Little Big Burger before cleaning the bathroom. I successfully cleaned the bathroom and kitchen sink as well as the toliet and bath tub. I also mopped the bathroom floor twice.
Yesterday Jessica and I went to institute. The topic of this section is Teachings of Russell M Nelson. I took the following notes: 

He is beloved for the following attributes:

Energy
Kind
Great teacher
never demean
doctor
serving - not stopping
Optimism
Big on family
An example of personal revelation
Quick to obey.

Read his biography.
He inspired to join a musical, where he meet a young woman named Dantzel instantly felt in love with her, and he worked as hard as he could to persuade her to marry him. He was successful.

Repentance is awesome.
No hope without it.

A prophet's work is to get man as close to God as possible.

Oaks & Nelson has sat next to each for 35 years.

Anxiously engaged in a good cause

Trust God by putting him first, and he will take care of you. Lean not to your understanding. Our ways are not his ways.

The work that I am now engaged in is the most important.

29 April 2019

Today Jessica and I are preparing for our cruise. It is my first day off of work. I am waiting for her as she is in a lesson with the sister missionaries. I think that it is a little weird that I am not in the lesson, but I was not invited.
We decided how we are going to prepare for the trip. Jessica has been watching tourism videos. We decided to not buy souvenirs. I decided that I will hand wash our clothing. We will go with only a carry-on and a personal item. I plan to bring minimal clothes, washing them with a bar of Castile soap. I use to hand wash my clothes on my mission in Jamaica. I am doing this to reduce expenses because paying for luggage, laundry, and tips is expensive. We are planning to use twenty Euro a day.
After our preparation for the cruise, we rested; then, Trevor, my little brother, called. We spoke about Avengers: Endgame. I think that it is a great film with many emotion provoking scenes. The concepts is mostly consistent, but some are flawed. I tend to look a consistency, character development, story, and the villain.

2 May 2019

I am currently on a flight to Los Angeles; from which, we will fly to Milan, Italy after meeting with my mother and Judy McNally. We successfully fulfilled our plan to pack on Tuesday, and clean the apartment on Wednesday.
Tuesday was chill, since our goal of packing was so minimal. We received a call in the evening from my parents by law, asking for a priesthood blessing of healing. When I arrived, Jasmine and Lucas Rodgers were at the apartment with Jordan Grimes. I did not need to come, since Lucas and Jordan were there. Lucas said that he did not know of the need. When I gave the blessing, I spoke in the "we" form. I usually speak in the "he" form, citing that the blessing comes from Heavenly Father. I spoke the words that came to my mind. My blessing tend to be simple. We blessed him that he would not go to the hospital a third time for this ailment, and that he will be guided on how to restore and maintain his health.
Afterward I went to Shari's with Jasmine, Lucas, and Jordan. Jessica was sick with a little fever at home, so I bought her a slice of peanut butter silk chocolate pie. We bought milkshakes for ourselves. The top layer made the pie look half whipped cream, but it did not taste like normal sweet whipped cream. There was one silk chocolate and moist peanuts; therefore, it did not look appetizing. The award winning pie exceeded my expectations.
Mercedes asked to borrow our blender, and Jordan came with me to retrieve it from my car.

4 May 2019

We initially thought the flight to Milan would be 17 hours, but the flight to Rome from Los Angeles was about 12 hours; then, the flight to Milan was one hour.  I napped a lot, so I think that I am doing well on sleep. I also worked on transcribing my grandpa's StoryWorth audio recording. I downloaded 6 audio files, and I did one so far. I am about half way done with the second one. We are currently on a bus ride to Venezia, where we will board the cruise ship.

My main observation that is surprising is that Italy is greener than Oregon. I think that most people would imagine that the country is a desert.



7 May 2019

The bus ride was from Milan to Venice, where we got on the cruise ship. When we were going through security, Jessica and I were worried that we would be confined to our room, since Jessica is recovering from a cold. Jessica had to witness that she was sick within the last week, but they have not mentioned anything about it yet.
My plan is working well. We are within budget except for the dinner that we had at the al a carte restaurant with mom. I don't like al a carte restaurants. They blatantly do not give people your money's worth of food, requiring them to get at least 2 or 3 full priced dishes per person. We were lucky that they served unlimited bread for free.
Last night we went to the cruise's formal restaurant. I ordered three appetizers to see how filling their food was. I was not filled. When I asked for the menu again to order more food, they verbally and nonverbally expressed disapproval. I ordered fried shrimp, which was oddly served cold, on a corn bread bar, looking similar to a lemon bar. They served me a small rice & peas soup; then, they served beef on rice. All appetizers, salads, & desserts were free, and the main course dishes cost money. I ordered some pasta and cheesecake to fill my stomach, which felt odd after three non-filling dishes. I did leave satisfied despite the servers' attitude. The people that sat with us at our table thought it was odd.
When we first got on the ship, there was a cheesy DJ, playing music. After dinner mom tried to get Jessica, Judy, and I to dance, but I did not dance because I had laundry to do. We also need to order our excursions.
Washing clothing was good. I used the sink to wash the clothing with a Castile soap bar. It is handy that the shower is close, so I can throw the suddy clothes in it until I am ready to rinse them. I did not wash pants, since pants maintenance require less washing. It was not bad. Jessica found a clothes line in the shower. I am going to wash clothing daily to keep the chore easy; also, the room on the ship is small. I am going to wash more clothing now, since Jessica is done in the bathroom. Jessica joined me today in doing hand wash laundry. She has never done it before, so I had to teach her.
On Sunday, which is the 5th of May, we landed at a port in Split, Croatia. My father recommended that we visit the Dioklecuanove Palace and an art gallery behind it. We found the art gallery, but it was around a walled area. The palace was not labeled on maps. We found that the art gallery was not attractive, and we headed into the walled area because a lot of people were in it. We found that the palace was destroyed by bombs during World War II. The palace was the walled area. There is not a palace.
We went to an Ethnographic Museum within the palace. Admission cost 20 Kuna, the currency of Croatia, which is 3 Euro. Judy and mom did not have coins, so it was a little hassle, since the receptionist could not give change. The museum was initially disappointing because it was about the wine culture, but it became more diverse in subject. It was a large museum with many rooms.
After we toured the Dioklecuanove Palace, we found that the harbor was hosting a boat race between the universities of Oxford, Cambridge, & Split. It was called the Race of Legends. In the first of three, Split won first. Second went to Oxford, and Cambridge got third. The second race had the same result. We arrived in time to see the entire event.
At dinner Judy McNally, who went to Thailand with mom and I, when I graduated from high school, revealed an observation that I never heard of about our trip to Thailand. There is a wooden temple ironically located on a cliff, overlooking the sea, and salt water would constantly deteriorate the temple, requiring consistent maintenance. After visiting the temple, I sat, waiting to leave and leaning my head on my arm. It is hard for me to describe the pose, but it is famous for statues. As I sat there in my "attractive" position, I was oblivious to some girls, gushing over me. They even took pictures. I thought that the story was fun.

8 May 2019

Last night I had odd dreams of theft because I was fighting a war with germs. They were trying to infect my throat. I learned from my mother that the cycle of colds do not have to include a fever and everything, since a fever comes because it is the body's way to kill the infection in its throat. If one can prevent the germs from infecting the throat, the individual can avoid the entire process. The immune system will learn how to kill the specific germ. If one maintains their immune system, the individual should be able to keep up the regulating good and bad germs.
I am using the term germs a lot because I was talking to Jessica about this. I realized that I don't know if there is a difference between bacteria and germs. I think that bacteria can only cause infections. Since the cycle of a cold that includes a fever is an infection of the throat, the cycle should include bacteria. The term germ may be synonymous with bacteria.
I wrote all of this because I believe dreams are a reflection of life. I had dreams of theft because a crew member may have thought that I was stealing some condiments, but I was getting balsamic vinegar to gargle in my throat.
Vinegar kills all germs and bacteria because its acidity level is too high for them to survive, when they are exposed to it. I have learned that vinegar is softer on the throat than salt water from practicing the advice of Jessica's uncle, Daniel. I ate a lot of balsamic vinegar as my tactic against the bacteria in my throat.  By the way, I won the battle to secure my throat from infection.
I learned something tonight about dreams, for it is 5:40 AM according to this time in Greece. I got up early because I had an awful dream this morning of a guy pursuing me in my own house that I grew up in. I did not know his intent, and I could not get away from him. I tried to analyze the dream, learning that flight in the fight versus flight situation doesn't always work. I prepared myself mentally to fight him, but I did not want to go offensive; unless, I know his intent. I prayed for comfort; then, I realized that the bad dream is a result of oversleeping. I napped twice for the first time yesterday to boost my immune. Jessica always gets bad dreams like this, and I am going to teach her what I learned about sleep and dreams. I believe that when people sleep too much they may have terrible dreams because it is the way for the body to tell you that you are sleeping too much. This is the way that God answered my prayer, comforting my soul, by teaching me about mortality.
Now that I wrote this I will get back to writing about ancient Olympia. I just open the blinds to witness the sunrise.
Athens is incredible. The whole coast is full of towers. Half of Greece's population resides in Athens. The population of the country is 10,000,000. I am making this note on a bus ride to Pisa on the eleventh of May because I heard the "fact" on the bus.

10 May 2019

I have two days to write about because yesterday we had a free day on the ship. I attended a stretch and release class that had a free posture analysis. I also learned that one can dance bachata and salsa with Forro music. The posture analysis had an additional class to attend, which I did attend. No one else came. I came early to the class. Since I was interested, the teacher taught me about the need for orthotics before the scheduled session, and he taught me everything before the class began, which enabled me to…
Athens was a little frustrating. They advertised on a map that people can buy a discounted price to see all six ruin sites for 15 euro. We bought a ticket to visit one site, which cost 8 or 9 euro. The site was Hadrian's Arch and the Temple of Olympian Zeus. There was not much to see at this location. We were out within thirty minutes.
We debated about the discounted tickets because we could have got into the Parthenon without waiting through the incredibly long line, which would have probably been at least an hour wait.
We decided to go to Ancient Agora with the help of tourist aid. Jessica is typically the navigator, but without the GPS she lead us to a ruin site that she did not intent to. Jessica's navigation took us to ruin site Hadrian's Library, where she was to discouraged to lead us again. Mom got pictures of the site, since the site had an open fence; however, we did not pay for admission.
We tried again to purchase the reduced ticket price for all 7 ruin sites, since there was no line. They explained that the reduced price is only for citizens of the European Union, if they are students or a senior citizen. Judy tactfully expressed her disapproval as this detail was not written anywhere for us to learn for ourselves at both the Hadrian's Gate and Library, which were to different sites about 3 miles apart.
Judy, mom, and Jessica would have given up to walk back to the bus to wait for our departure about an hour and half later, but I was determined to get to Ancient Agora. The walk was about a half mile with a little misguided detour. The Ancient Agora site was just the site that we needed to explore to lift our spirits. It was huge unlike Hadrian's Gate and Library; well worth the money. Ancient Agora was the downtown or main square of Athens, having so much more culture than the other two sights that we saw.
We are now packing to disembark the Costa Luminosa cruise ship.



The city that we visited today is Bari, Italy. It is a small city compared to Athens. There is an ancient part of the city, and modern part of the city. We paid for a tour guide. She actually called the old town a labyrinth, telling us of a dark stone path, which led tourists to the main attractions of the ancient city.

11 May 2019

Today we disembarked from Costa Luminosa, arriving at Venice two hours late. The last few days of the trip is not hosted by Costa Cruise, and the information exchange between Costa Cruise and CruiseBuilder was not efficiently expressed to us as the itinerary described that we would explore Venice without a bus to carry our luggage, which concerned many.
We were able to visit San Marco Square (The name may be wrong.) in Venezia; although, we were informed that the visit would be canceled. The architecture was incredible. No one told us about the buildings. I don't have much to write about the square. We did get gelato. This is our second time purchasing gelato on land. The gelato that we had at Bari was much better than Venice's at the San Marco Square. The gelato that I got at the Square tasted like the stereotype fake cherry & strawberry flavor.
We are now on a bus ride to Pisa. We left at 3:30 pm, and I believe that we will arrive about 7:40 pm.

12 May 2019

We were happy that the sun did not set before we arrived at the leaning tower of Pisa. Some cameras got good pictures of the building in the sunset, but Jessica's LG V20 was not able to make due with the light available. I forgot my phone in the bus.
The hotel that I stayed at graciously provided us a late dinner at 9 pm. I did not appreciate the pessimism of some of the people at our table, complaining about practically each step of their service. It was almost contagious. I thought that it was the tastiest meal of the trip. Turkey or pork was served, and it was very tender. Potatoes was also served; although, the dish was oily. The potatoes' flavor and texture was wonderful.
We are now in Florence, the city of the Renaissance. I am collecting photographs of ancient Italian architecture. CruiseBuilder revealed their failure to make reservations to visit the museums that we paid for. We need to make sure that mom gets refunded. CruiseBuilder gave us five hours of free time, requiring more improvisation without the reservation to visit the Academia museum.
Walking around Florence for hours, I realized that the GoodFeet.com consultant on the cruise ship was right. My right foot's plantar tendon gets aggravated and inflamed because I put more pressure on my forefoot. Florence looked like a gigantic downtown.

13 May 2019

I made myself too busy to read the itinerary for our CruiseBuilder trip. I did not expect to visit the Vatican. The Vatican seems to be just a gigantic museum; although, I did not see the gardens. When we walked out of the Sistine Chapel, we saw hundreds of chairs set up in front of Saint Peter's church. There are many buildings around the square, but the church and the museum seems to be the focal point of the 5 hectare independent state from Italy. 5 hectares is more than one half million square feet.
CruiseBuilder failed to instruct the tour guides to take us through the correct entrance of the Vatican Museum, which delayed our tour by an hour.
The tour was rushed by the tour guide, since there were too many groups, going through at that time. The tour guide recommended to schedule a tour at 8 AM to not have a rushed tour.
The rooms are organized by theme and time period in which the part of the building was built. The Sistine Chapel is the original phase of construction, and additional rooms were built for centuries, making what it is today. There will most likely be no more additions.
There are many well preserved artifacts in Rome and the Vatican. Many artifacts are destroyed in Greece. I can't get into the details of each room and artifact.
CruiseBuilder failed to arrange for the tour of the Colosseo, which we did pay for, and they have not informed us whether they will reimburse us.
The tour guides walked all over Rome, taking us to see free sites instead. There was so much to see.

The following sites was the path of our walk:

Pillar, symbolizing a victory



Mon. A Vittorio Emanuelle II

















Fontana di Trevi


Pantheon


P.zza Navona





















































































14 May 2019
 
The following day after exploring Rome, we went to see a cathedral that the Rome Temple supposed to have been designed after; then, we went to the temple. I did not see any similarities between the buildings. Our tour group and a group from BYU overwhelmed the temple capacity. We had about 250 people in our group. Jessica and I did baptisms, which was a special experience. A sister from the group felt that it was more special than I did. The experience that I enjoyed the most is working with the sealer. CruiseBuilder said that we were allowed to do one session of ordinance work; however, we wanted to walk around more of the temple and explore. I thought that we had to rent white clothing, so we went out to get some cash from my mother.
When we went back into the temple, they did not just let me walk in. I had to say what I would like to do or what I am doing. I said that we would like to rent clothing, and walk around to see the Celestial room and sealing rooms. We did baptisms previously. They wanted us to do more ordinance work before exploring the temple, so we did some sealing work. We waited for about twenty minutes until a group of people finished a session with the sealer. He said that he had been working for three hours non-stop before starting our session.
It was special to hear the sealer say the words of the ordinances in Italian. I felt the spirit as he was consecrating his life. It seemed as though that his voice was giving out, since he was talking for about three and a half hours straight. I rarely feel the spirit burn in my heart. I thought previously that overwhelming the temple as a tourist group was not appropriate as we waited for the session to start, but this experience contradicts that notion.

17 May 2019

I arrived home from Italy on Wednesday evening, and I went to work the next day. The building did not look like much happened. My big project making Kingspan cut tickets was a failure. The main reason is because there is not enough distinct colors to categorize the Kingspan panel cut widths, a dumb reason. I did not put a legend, and some colors are duplicated because I made the building and tower to separate packages. One thing that is annoying is that people, who are a subject of messing up something, typically quit. The manager quit or at least was moved to another position.
I had stay late on Thursday & Friday evening to make a map with a legend labeling the colors on elevations of my Kingspan plan.
Catching up was chill. Jeff did very well. He caught me up on inspections and tracking data for Hydromobile billing.

18 May 2019

I was asked to be the follower of the 6 AM endowment session today. I made errors in my service, but I can't teach you about what I did wrong; unless, you join me at the temple as an ordinance worker.
Jessica and I caught up with Jasmine & Lucas in the afternoon, since they announced that Jasmine is pregnant. The last two weeks have been hard on her due to morning sickness, but it got a little better the following week.

23 May 2019

This week has gone by so quick. The project managers beyond Columbia Stone Inc. were freaking out because the lack of published Quality Control documentation. Curtis with Hoffman had a cordial conversation about their concern. We spoke for like a half an hour.
Jeff sits next to me at our cubicle, and we talked a lot on Tuesday. He even gave me a book that he wrote. Jeff drove me home three times this week, and my project manager joked that I should help pay for gas; then, I said that is why I ride my bike to work, so I don't have to worry about gas. Jeff is a good friend because we both attend the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
One thing that I learned in my New Testament study this week is that members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints should identify ourselves as descendants of the House of Jacob or Israel whether that Gentiles; although, most are Gentile. Christ has adopted us, making us heirs of his royal chosen lineage. The Joseph Smith translation of Matthew 21:55-56 says the following:

"And when the Lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, he will destroy those miserable, wicked men, and will let again his vineyard unto other husbandmen, even in the last days, who shall render him the fruits in their seasons. And then understood they the parable which he spake unto them, that the Gentiles should be destroyed also, when the Lord should descend out of heaven to reign in his vineyard, which is the earth and the inhabitants thereof."

27 May 2019

Today is Memorial Day, and we have no plans. I did a couple loads of laundry. I also published a blog post, a "textcast," telling Trevor that I am getting an iPhone. I bought an iPhone SE on Saturday. This is the conversation. I have been an Android fan for years, but I am no longer a Google fan.

Alex: Hi Trevor, You may not believe it, but I want to delete my Google account. I bought an iPhone SE last night. I have the following things against Google:
- YouTube is too addicting with their personalized home page.
- Google's search is personalized too, making the result biased.
- Google's ad service makes my phone a personal mall, seeking to sale me anything according to advertisers desires, if it matches my profile.
- Google does not respect the privacy of my email, using it to their advantage; keep in mind, the many other things that they track such as: search, browsing, having questionnaires, and more.

I want to become free from this culture. Like I freed myself from the cares of movie, music, & celebrity industry. I want to free myself from YouTube & Google.

Trevor: Okay

Alex: This iPhone will enable me to get my old 0611 phone number back. Hopefully going to Xfinity mobile, having free calling & texting.

Trevor: You think so?

Alex: Transitioning away from T-mobile to have one less bill. They only charge for data.

Trevor: Yeah if Xfinity can work for you.

Alex: What do you think of my reasoning against Google? Are they fair & accurate? I may want to get into Linux too. Didn't you say that you like the SE?

Trevor: The SE is a nice size but now it could be getting outdated for system updates.

Alex: What do you think of my reasoning against Google? Are they fair & accurate?

Trevor: I could see that. For me I use YouTube because I usually I keep up to date with tech, and entertain me on my work commute. Personally I like targeted ads because it’s for me better than random ads that don't apply to me. You can always delete any info Google has on you in your data. You can always use YouTube without logging in if you don't like personalization.

Alex: I may use YouTube without logging it, but it is definitely less attractive without logging in, which I am happy about.

Trevor: Linux is fun. I just don't have time for it

Alex: Is messenger private yet?

Trevor: Messenger from Facebook? Facebook is worse than Google in privacy.

Alex: Yes. I may want to get away from Microsoft.

Trevor: Linux just has some compatibility problems if you need it for specific programs.

Alex: It is easier to get away from Facebook. You don't need a Facebook account to access Android. Facebook's advertising is not universal.

Trevor: That's true. You can opt out of targeted ads on Facebook. Android without Google is crippled. You can still use it but the versatility is severely dulled

Alex: I am not worried as much about Facebook. I barely use it; plus, they are trying to be more private.

Trevor: You would need to download things through APKs

Alex: Have you been following the Huawei news? Their cellphone division was basically destroyed; a 10 billion dollar market share.

Trevor: Yeah because Trump is using Huawei as an asset in the China-USA trade war. It's not because of Chins is "spying on us" He has no evidence.

Alex: Painfully Honest Tech said evidence was presented on a Thursday a couple weeks ago.

Trevor: On FPT Prosser cited a video in which Trump said he would consider letting Huawei work with the US if China would agree

Alex: Trump has no tact. The trade deal conversation makes it obvious, but it is on snippet of the entire conversation. Huawei would have been blacklisted a long time ago, if our politics had not become so liberal.

Trevor: Trump is a businessman not a political leader.

Alex: Huawei is China's main tech company; heavily part of their communist efforts.

Trevor: He hasn't been informing the consumers anything and isn't telling us the real reason Huawei has been banned with any US businesses.

Alex: Trump has no tact.

Trevor: Hopefully China can make a deal

Alex: I hope that the ban is not lifted with the trade deal; then, Trump would not be a businessman.

Trevor: Well it would suck to see Huawei and competition die. They're the only company to compete with Samsung and Apple

Alex: Competition would surely not die, but be as the Gods, knowing good and evil.

Trevor: Hahaha. Huawei would die without Android; thus, would leave Samsung and Apple yet again

Alex: Huawei is not a phone company.

Trevor: They say they have factories for in house chips and an OS they are working on it but I doubt it would give fruit.

Alex: They existed before Android.

Trevor: Globally they are, which is what matters.

Alex: Smartphone companies have died before. Motorola.

Trevor: Competition encourages innovation and lower prices and variety. As a consumer I don't want just Samsung. Motorola is not dead.

Alex: It was huge.

Trevor: It's still around. They sell it in Best Buy

Alex: HTC

Trevor: HTC has unfortunately reduced to a Block-chain smartphone company. I think Google has HTC for some things

Alex: Samsung tried to kill them, but Google saved them.

Trevor: Yeah. Anyways Huawei was on the way to becoming a force to reckon with. A leader in smartphones since this announcement it's very uncertain their future

Alex: China is like one gigantic company. Their business tactics are not fair.

Trevor: Huawei will still sell in the China

Alex: Yep.

Trevor: But they'll be just like the apple of China.

Alex: Oh yeah. That's an interesting thought. It might make them more profitable. Probably not. Chinese software sucks.

Trevor: I think Apple is endangered of being banned in China which could stifle their expansion and growth.

Alex: Taking business away from China would strength other international business ties, and increase our self-reliance.

Trevor: Maybe but we want good relationships with China being they make everything. haha I don't want high tariffs passed to me

Alex: Doesn't Apple have factories in India?

Trevor: I think so

Alex: Apple should be fine without China. People may buy more of Apple, if it were not made in China. Communism is evil.

Trevor: we have factories inland but Apple needs growth to not stagnate

Alex: Apple is diversifying.

Trevor: They're going towards services

Alex: Harvesting more wool from their sheep

Trevor: They need to saturate their sheep with endless bills

Alex: haha. I think the cell phone industry competition is dying anyways. It is stagnating. The ban will make new movement.

Trevor: I want Google to succeed and grow in the smartphone industry which they have started to show with their Pixel 3a. They have the potential.

Alex: What cellphones would the global market purchase without Huawei? Samsung?

Trevor: Samsung, Xiaomi could expand, except their Ex Googler leader have left them now. LG sucks they haven't done well in recent years. OnePlus will grow.

Alex: Sony's cell phones have died too. Who is OnePlus with?

Trevor: Except if Trump starts to ban more Chinese industries. Google needs more budget options to continue forth. Their last Q the Pixel 3 sold poorly.

Alex: Pixel 4 is almost more mainstream, but cell phone designs are more distinguished this year. It is not unique.

Trevor: It's a Samsung look alike, but it should have a 90 Hz screen like the OnePlus 7 Pro

Alex: I expect that the punch hole will not be like the notch. Samsung is not a company to copy this round.

Trevor: The punch hole is pleasing to the eye is more discreet. I don't think Google will risk with a popup camera.

Alex: I don't see punch-hole city being built quickly. Notch City is huge.

Trevor: It's only Samsung who does it so you'll need to purchase panels from them. Maybe China has copied them already. Who do you think will rise internationally?

Alex: Internationality should not be dominated by China. China should not be its face.

Trevor: South Korea?

Alex: Them too.

Trevor: Apple? Google?

Alex: South Korea is a little Communist because Samsung and other companies are funded by their government.

Trevor: Is LG?

Alex: Apple & Google are not countries.

Trevor: 5555. They might as well be. They have more power than most countries.

Alex:


Trevor: Tariffs 😞 Do you think Trump will get any trade deals?

Alex: I don't know if this statement is true. "South Korea is a little Communist because Samsung and other companies are funded by their government." I heard it from a HTC person.

Trevor: I don't know either. I mean Obama's funded some car companies don't mean we are Communist.

Alex: Someone who worked there. He said Samsung was dominating Taiwan because it was helped by the government.

Trevor: Yeah I have no clue

Alex: Maybe it is a socialist practice

Trevor: Yeah socialist is more probable

Alex: Socialism leads to Communism.

Trevor: Yeah. Obama's idea of Federal funded health care was socialist

Alex: Yep. Samsung killed HTC. It's on its deathbed. https://www.statista.com/statistics/271496/global-market-share-held-by-smartphone-vendors-since-4th-quarter-2009/



Trevor: HTC didn't innovate after some higher-ups left; even though, their slogan was quiet brilliant. OnePlus is probably categorized as Oppo, since they're under them.

Alex: Sony died in 2012.

Trevor: Nokia died in 2011.

Alex: HTC died then too.

Trevor: Yeah that's when some of the leading designers left

Alex: Before 2011 was the hay day.

Trevor: Scott Scroyle went on to form Nextbit which was bought by Razer and since he has moved on. I remember 2010 was a year of phones before I left on my mission. He left in 2014 i guess. Blackberry is still popular in some part of Canada/US. They died in 2010. RIM-BB. Samsung really sold the most Q4 2018

Alex: How do you think we will transition to Fuchsia OS?

Trevor: Probably in a couple years. It will probably first be on Pixelbooks and Smart-home devices

Alex: hm

Trevor: Phones I think will be adopting it later since Android is so predominant. https://9to5google.com/2019/05/09/what-is-google-fuchsia/

pocketnow.com/huawei-defends-apple-against-possible-ban

www.androidauthority.com/ungoogled-refurbished-smartphones-986985/

Comments