2019.10.13 Primary Lesson Plan: The Whole Armor of God


This is a full moon.




Yesterday evening I napped briefly, messing with my sleep, and I got up on at 4:30. I scheduled blog posts on the Single Adults' Blogs of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
After a finishing my night's rest, I planned a lesson for my CTR 8 class, I enjoyed it because I was able to ponder the meanings of the different parts of the armor of God. I am going to put my lesson plan here because I did not teach the lesson, since the primary practiced for their musical program.
Ephesians 6:10-18
Draw the armor.
Why is armor important in battle?
How can we put on spiritual armor every day?
Label the pieces of armor.
How might these armor protect us from evil?
What does it mean to "withstand in the evil day"?
Attributes of strength





  • Loins gritted with truth (virtue and integrity) - practice principles of virtue and integrity; tithing, word of wisdom, law of chastity,
  • Breastplate of righteousness (obedience)
  • Feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace (Who do we represent? Peacemaker, not contentious)
  • Shield of faith (faith, knowledge, testimonies, revelations, spiritual experiences) Be careful with the shield. Don't let someone disarm you with doubt.
  • Helmet of salvation (worthiness, forgiveness)
  • Sword of the spirit, which is the word of God (prayer, scripture, music)
    Alma 31:5
    "And now, as the preaching of the word had a great tendency to lead the people to do that which was just—yea, it had had more powerful effect upon the minds of the people than the sword, or anything else, which had happened unto them—therefore Alma thought it was expedient that they should try the virtue of the word of God."
    What does the Lord promise to those who put on the armor of God? (Ephesians 6:13)
    Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
    Deflect and withstand blows




I took the following notes during our sacrament meeting:
The human experience is a struggle full of trials. Everyone's body is different. Illness mental illness. Righteous does not guarantee a good life. Life is a change and a preparation to become perfect, growing continually.
Casual faith makes casualties.
God helps us, but I got to pay attention.
Respond to conflict with meekness.
Inviting people to watch President Nelson's birthday event.
Listen over and over again of the conference talk teach you something new each time.
In poker one may play our best hand, but he may still lose.
Challenges are not related to righteousness.
Hope in an end to mental health afflictions.
I feel the spirit.
Gratitude for knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
Teach truth
Gather the family. Anyone can gather the family as a leader.
Underlying theme of the scriptures is that God loves us. God sent us here to remember him and prepare to return and live with him. God teaches us individual and as communities
Last time we had a primary program, I did not help because I did not think that they needed my help. I attended this time. The children did not know program, since they did not see it yet. I gave my students my copy of the program. They followed well, and they were helpful and on top of it. My co-teacher and I sang with the children. My formal student sat in front of me, and he seems to admire me.
After church we had choir practice. We are learning a difficult song. It changes key. I am good at sight reading, so it is usually simple for me to follow along.
My mother-in-law wanted us to make a salad for dinner, so we did that when we got home. I also made bread.
Dinner with Mercedes was pleasant.






Comments