2019.10.30 Distractions, Rice, and Peas


Today I decided to cut out some distractions. When I saw that games was listed on my phone uses for the first time, I had to get rid of some distractions. I downloaded two free Final Fantasy games on my phone and my tablet last night. I saw a Tamagotchi app advertised on the Apple App Store, and I tried it out today. I deleted the game as soon as I saw the game time in uses. I thought to myself. What other distractions should I delete? I removed the widgets that curate articles for me. I used LinkedIn, FlipBoard, and InShorts. I also deleted my podcast app. Instead of tech podcasts, I decided to listen to the Latter-day Saints Channel. 





I use to listen to that a lot. It is good to listen to it again. 'Hope Works' is their TED talks of faith. I listened to the one, speaking about Joel and his 'by the grace of God' story. The channel inspired me to do the Single Adults' Blogs of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints way back in the day.





I seem to going back to more righteous hobbies. I started practicing Thai again on my Drops app. 





I got a letter from a sister from Indonesia on Slowly, asking how I like the app. This was my reply. "I like the app, but it seems to be hard to keep friends interested. When I write strangers, they don’t seem open and engaged in the conversation enough to make the relationship meaningful."









Today I walked levels 8, 9, & 10; doing stone quality control. I decided not to photograph to each condition, since the foreman have not asked for the pictures. This decision made the process a lot more efficient. I did photograph some conditions, but I only documented the ones that would one out in a deficiency report.









I am cooking rice and peas again. I am boiling the pinto beans currently, and no peas will be in this recipe. It's just what Jamaicans call the dish. I served my mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints there. When I made rice and peas last time, a Jamaican friend taught me how to cook it. He said that I put too much rice. The ratio should not be one to one, but it should be four to rice. I measured five cups of soaked beans for tonight's session, so I will see how it looks when I put one and a quarter cup of rice in, when I cook it. I don't understand the ratio, but I will give it a try. I should probably measure the volume of the beans, when it is cooked. I learned to put rice in, when I can easily stick a bean with a fork. I will measure it at that state; then, I can more accurately measure the ratio because I know that rice doubles in size, since I don't know how much soaked beans expand, when they are cooked.






Comments