2019.11.03


This morning scheduling blog posts was very slow because social media is distracting. 
I caught up on my journal. I emailed myself a bunch of journal entries to publish. 
Church was good. I took the following notes during Sacrament meeting:
Fast and testimony meeting
A reflection on losing a best friend brought gratitude to forefront. Try to live up to other people's expectations? Grateful for repentance and family
Put God first, and everything will fall into place.
People testified that affirmations of God's love strengthen their faith.
People will always push you away from your goals due to enmity.
I was able to keep us calm, when I was lost, a blessing of the Holy Ghost. 
Heavenly Father knows everyone personally. Empathy comes from knowing people.
People are leaving the church due to a conflict of beliefs; philosophies of man versus the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Even the elect will be deceived.
Brother Simnitt and I taught the CTR 8 for the first time in a few weeks, since the primary started focusing on their sacrament program. I participated in Brother Simnitt's lesson a lot more than usual.

PHOTO: KRAUSE, JOHANSEN
After church I made yam chips, since Jessica and I were too lazy to buy salad. I cut the yam into very thin slices, planning to bake them. I looked up the recipe after cutting the yam. I found a recipe with Martha Stuart. It was very simple. It said to drizzle olive oil on it, and toss it. Bake it at 400 degrees. Flip them, when the edges look crispy and the middle looks cooked. They are baked within 22 and 25 minutes. Jessica put salt on them after we were done. I can put the link to the recipe. The result of my yam chips were that most were not crispy. 




Comments