21st of December, 2019


Today is the 21st of December, 2019. Jessica and I are on a flight to San Jose, California, which has not departed yet. 
I am going to summarize this past week and recent events in my life. Coming to the end of the year, I have realized that my resolution should be to get my house in order. Before leaving Oregon, not coming back until the next year, I completed about three hundred pounds of laundry. I cleaned all the dishes; the kitchen and bathroom. I also vacuumed the floor. This resolution may sound similar to last year. I got the house in order, and my efforts were not be sustainable because my heightened focus could not stable. I am back to the same thing as last year, but I am a year wiser. 
I already started doing my breakfast dishes before I leave for work. I learned this year to begin cooking my breakfast transitioning to my departure after preparing my lunch at 5:45 to arrive on time for work, and I recently took this a step further by starting that routine at 5:30 to give myself time to do my breakfast dishes after family scripture study. 
I am trying to have more stability in my hobbies and home life. My hobbies come and go because I have limited time. I wish that I could stop time to do everything that I would like to do; however, I can't keep up with all my hobbies. Recently I decided to simplify them.
Last Sunday I did my last heavily edited podcast. Trevor and I don't speak smoothly, and I would edit out all the awkward noises, umm, yeahs, repeated phrases, misfired sentences, etc. The work to edit the fourth episode of the podcast took more than eight hours that I do not have. 
I also decided to write in my journal weekly rather than daily. 
The Columbia Stone team at the Multnomah County Central Courthouse realized that this project will be the last until 2021, and Mike Twiss will most likely lay us off. I reached out to two people who were interested in hiring me. I asked KO Erickson, my project manager, for advice, and he advised me to seek employment at the places that I truly desire to work at first. It took a little while to think of what I want to do, but I was able to think of one. I come from the stone contracting industry, and I would like to be project engineer of some sort if possible for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' temple, since most of them are stone. I could do quality control and owner's representation. I could apply to work for the company that does most of the construction of temples. 
I believe that I have established a new stable lifestyle to maintain my house. I think that it is ironic that this stability is at risk as my career requires redirection. 

Comments