May 17, 2020


I have almost caught up on my journal. I just completed publishing the transitioning entry between my last article which is published on October 1st; although, I published it today, the 17th of May 2020. There is a little time traveling in that entry, so it should be a little trippy. I imported my articles from the "I'm going to catch up" WordPress blog. My last entry in "My Journal is Written to be Read" is now the 25th of March 2020. I don't have any notes about my days unlike my last transition entry, so this summary of my last forty days of my life or so will depend on my memory or whatever I think about.

During the first full week of May, I realized my marketing for my publications were not working, when my podcast episode for last week did not get any listens. Jessica has been expressing concern for our finances for a while, and I finally hearkened to her. I had goals to create a publication business that can support myself as well as other hourly waged family and friends. Jessica did not believe in my vision. My opinions about this is useless to express. I want to be unified with her. I decided to quit my social media marketing efforts to start seeking a job. Read my last article posted on October 1st, 2019 for more details.

My productivity was decreasing in the publication as I got no response and lost inspiration. I ended up finding only four world events a day for my daily world news reports for the last three weeks or so. Trying to balance everything, my productivity slowed. I also explored Linux, and it slowed me down too, since it did not operate off my flash drive well. 

I am looking for jobs in writing, drafting, project management assisting, and construction project engineering. Searching for a job is very difficult especially in this age of Coronavirus. I don't know how much is affecting my job search, but there is about forty million people that have applied for unemployment in the past month or so. I am fighting for a job with an additional forty million people added to the competition. Nowadays I am exploring career paths with lower pay scales, feeling less worth. One writing job offered one dollar for every one hundred words of writing. The top of the pay scale is twenty dollars an hour. I am realizing that all work is difficult. One person was trying to recruit me for a fifteen dollar an hour position as an assembler. I feel like I am not worth much. Another writing job offered 50 dollars per article with an average of 500 words or 10 dollars for every 100 words. At this rate, I would have to write 20 articles a week to keep a good income. 

I have found some jobs that I am interested in. The last job that I applied for is a writing and a social media marketing role for a construction company. I found a tech writing opportunity as well that I am interested in. A recruiter asked about my interests. He wanted to talk as soon as possible. I told him that I would rather talk about job opportunities than my interests because I am not skilled in my interests. 

My goal is to work on building temples, and I was inspired to be an architect at BYU-Idaho. I started practicing Revit, a Building Information Modeling program about two weeks ago, and I am designing a temple. I am hoping to get a good rendering of a well-designed building within the thirty day free trial; then, I will do the same with AutoCAD practicing drafting and print blueprints. 

Yesterday Jessica and I reorganized our apartment for the first time in the two years that we lived here. It is better than before. 

Other things that I have been doing other than trying to get a career that I can progress well in are the following: playing Final Fantasy 14 with Trevor, indulging in anime last week, exploring Ethereum, listening to podcasts, keeping the house clean, cooking, laundry, taxes, and more. I go on jogs, taking a picture to post on my Instagram daily. 


As I quit social networking, I blocked Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube from my devices. I watched Crunchyroll instead. I know that it is hard to find good innocent anime to watch, and I was lucky to find two. Look up Teasing Master anime or Master of Killing Time anime, if you want to enjoy what I found. I was watching one full of drama; then, there was a fan service episode, when the drama finally resolved. I don't want to explain what fan service is, but I quit Crunchyroll as well. 

I am still collecting Basic Attention Tokens, playing with Ethereum somewhat. I only have 50 cents of Eth so far. The philosophy of Bitcoin and Ethereum is very conservative; perhaps Libertarian. I think that it is easier to engage in it when one is single. The yield of Ethereum decentralized finance services are not unrealistic, and it is not a get rich quick scheme. 

I go grocery shopping once every two weeks instead of once a week as I did before the age of Coronavirus. I have developed a diet that Jessica is happy with. She has come to love my freshly baked bread. She got tired of it after eating it for practically three and a half years straight, coming to love it after a break of a few months. Our diet consists of the following meals to choose from: oatmeal, yams, salad, rice and beans, hummus, burritos, and sandwiches. That's the main foods that we have to eat. 



Comments