2019.10.27 Jawbreakers


Last night I bought a few extra jaw breakers, when we did grocery shopping for this week. Jessica didn't want me to give any extra jaw breakers to the children, thinking that it would not be fair. We almost gave them to Jasmine and Lucas, but I asked for them back because I told the children that I would give them the extra ones. My word is more important to me than being fair. We had choir early this morning, and I gave a jawbreaker to a primary boy, who really wanted one. He joined choir last week. Today we performed the primary program. Lewis, a former student of mine, was excited to get one. After the program, he volunteered to receive the broken jawbreaker. I thought that it would be awkward to give that one. He asked for a second one for his sister, who also was committed to the witches' hat toss game. She is also in my class. When I arrive at primary, we were sitting waiting for the party in celebration of our performance. I gave another jawbreaker to another student in my class, who was trying to throw the glow rings on all five hats. It was fun to see them talk as friends, licking their jawbreakers during the primary party. Lewis' sister brought a friend to the Halloween party, and I gave my last jawbreaker to her; although, she was not there. I was happy that there was no drama about fairness, and I did not have extra jawbreakers. This is my jawbreaker story.

Comments