June 7, 2020


2020.06.01

I don't have much to say about Sunday; however, I did work on simplifying my life this morning, deleting my domain. I deleted verry.pro a while ago, causing it to have no content. I revoked my right to use the verry.pro domain today.

I heard about a TikTok alternative on a podcast this morning, so I checked it out. It is called Zynn. I will not explain a luring feature of it, but I will use this opportunity to share that the platform is not moderated well. It shares explicit content, and I found that I had no control over it. TikTok has a restricted mode, which is not perfect, but I use it. Blocking an account does not block their content on the feed. I discovered that long pressing a video marks that I am not interested, but I don't trust it; furthermore, I tried to delete my account, and it is not automated, asking me to email them the account to delete, and they will delete it after verification. I recommend that you ignore Zynn.


2020.06.02

When Trevor called me on his drive to work yesterday, which is his typical habit, we discussed our podcast. May was a bad month for the podcast. I blame my marketing, but we have our audience back! Thank you for giving us a chance again.
Yesterday was a distracted day. One reason is because a company finally followed up on a job application, saying that I was one of a few applicants to fulfill a drafting role that would fit my life very well; however, my drafting experience is limited, and it would make little sense to hire me.
My drug test felt more like an intelligence test. Usually drug tests are brainless, but, when I went back to the urgent care clinic, they informed me that the instructions points me to another firm around the corner. When I arrived, they said that they don't do any drug tests after three. I have to come back tomorrow. Coming back a third time would be ridiculous. Jessica observed other options on the instruction form. I called a place in Vancouver, WA. They were a lot more chill, allowing me to come do the drug test.
My first project with BHI will be a solar farm near Runge, Texas, and I hope to start there on Monday. Yesterday may be my last in-person Family Home Evening with Jessica for a while, so I counseled with her about life to get her in the right gear and mind set for school. I told her everyone, coming to a university, come with opportunities; however, many come with limited opportunities. I recommended that she network with her colleagues to explore and engage opportunities because if she does not, she herself will not generate opportunities. I helped her to focus on her desires, having her list them. She needs to balance all of them.
I deleted my world news podcast yesterday. I also attempted to delete my Patreon, but it is not ready. I will probably delete it by the end of the week. I deleted by old IFTTT account recently too for what that is worth.

2020.06.03

Trevor came to appreciate a Mastodon app, a decentralized Twitter, for a convenient feature. It was a quick reply in the notifications, when I mention him. I share links with him constantly to talk about later, and we are going to post them on Mastodon. I usually send the links in private messages over LinkedIn. We discuss these topics on our podcast. Now anyone can engage in the podcast and conversation by commenting on Mastodon. I don't want to spam Twitter with my links that I share with Trevor.
I am always trying to use alternative products which is not big corporations unlike LinkedIn. Snapchat is a small corporation compared to the big trillion and hundreds of billion dollar companies like Google, Facebook, and Microsoft, which owns LinkedIn. I try to use Google, Twitter, and Facebook products the least. I use Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter as tools to reach my audience, trying to limit these corporations to use me to their profit. I can't escape it though because BHI, the company that I work for uses a lot of Google products. I don't like how these companies profit off my data, trying to squeeze as much money out of me and my data. I realized that Gmail does not readily delete emails. They want you to archive them, so they can have more data to use against you.
Yesterday was a good day. Someone, who I will be working with, which is not my project manager, (He may be) called, telling me how the project in Texas will work. I got a hint of my new lifestyle. I will be working from 6 AM to 4 PM. He said to pay for a flight to San Antonio, Texas, arriving about 8:30 on Sunday the 14th of June, 2020. The description of my role fit my experience well.
I continued to work on my orientation. Another thing that happened yesterday is that I found more than forty journal entries on my iPad, when I was taking notes on the orientation subjects. I emailed them all to Blogger, so I got a lot of stuff to sort through on Sunday to check whether I already published them.
The time that I wake up now is the time that I will be arriving to work on the 15th, since I will be in Texas, so that will be trippy for my body.

2020.06.04

Today I have a public service announcement. If you are a woman, don't drink soymilk. Jessica and I started drinking soymilk several months ago, and her period became irregular until she did not have her period for three months. We had her blood work performed finding that she was not producing eggs. Articles warned against Soymilk, and we saw hints of this before the blood work. We changed our plant based milk a couple weeks ago. She started having her period again yesterday. I can't get into the science and my opinions. I am not qualified.
I am going back to iOS. I got iPhone XR for my work phone yesterday. I am looking forward to get my widgets back and trying out FaceID.
Trevor and I did a podcast yesterday. I feel like most of it feels that it were redone conversations especially since we had to rerecord part of it due to an error.
I mentioned nexo.io a cryptocurrency service in my podcast that lets one borrow against one's crypto assets, but when I tried the app yesterday it was a little unreliable, and they are not even ready to deliver the Visa cards as they claim. Checking out other apps, I found that they are more transparent about not being ready to deliver their cards. I would not recommend Nexo.io.
My job orientation is going well. I am learning how to drive and maintain a company car.

2020.06.05

Trevor and I decided to record another version of the podcast; although, I did dance around topics that I was unsure whether we discussed. Since my journal is public, I am starting to recognize that people can keep up with me without telling people personally, which is kind of unique and interesting. Another reason I did not post my podcast episode yet is because Trevor forgot to give me the first sixteen minutes of our conversation. Tooting the articles that I want to talk with about on Mastodon, I am finding that people are engaging with my posts. I got a couple followers for one day of sharing articles to consider for our podcast discussion.
Yesterday I ran to Safeway to buy milk, and there were no good pictures to take. I walked around for more than an hour looking for a good picture. I share my daily journal entries on Instagram, which posts on Twitter and Facebook.
Today is BAT Payday! BAT is the Brave browser's Basic Attention Token. Someone actually donates their BAT to me monthly. They gave me 14.85 BAT, which is about 3.57 US dollars. I have about 50 more BAT lined up from my personal basic attention to Brave's advertisements. I got 0.52 dollars of eth last month, and it increased in value to 66 cents, a twenty percent growth in one month.
I have been considering Block card similar to Nexo. TERN is the token that they use to transition between fiat currencies. It doesn't have an app, which is not necessary, but I does have a card that I can use to pay for things at stores and so forth. Block card is different from Nexo because one can't borrow from your crypto assets, which I don't mind, because I don't want to worry about paying interest. One thing that about Nexo & Block card that is nice is that your assets are insured from hackers.
I worked a little on my orientation mainly because the first take of our podcast led me to have about four hours of sleep. About my job orientation, it has evolved into a resource for construction management training, which I am grateful for. My project manager gave me 15 courses to complete.
Another project that I worked on yesterday is cutting a few heads of lettuce. I did not have the device designed to spin out water, so I put a couple small plates on a casserole pan in order for the water to drain out and the lettuce to dry set on the upside down plates. It worked pretty well.


2020.06.06

Yesterday I worked all day on my podcast. Merging two recording sessions into one episode, I found it an enjoyable creative experience.
I got my work laptop. It was refreshing to actually have a functioning battery. My current laptop battery only lasts a few minutes.
I got another 2.8 BAT from someone. I got 0.02 eth now. I know that it isn't much, but it was all free. I have more than seventy BAT coming, but I don't understand how to withdraw my balance from my publishers account. They say that it is in process.


2020.06.07

Mercedes Ledesma invited us over for a Sabbath dinner on Friday, and Jasmine & Lucas arranged a dinner yesterday because they had plans for Sunday evening. We are still going to have a Sabbath day dinner with her today.
Nothing much was happening on Saturday. I did the dishes and I swept the floor. Since we don't have a broom, I laid on a chair, pushing myself around like a turtle with a "Mini Hand Whisk Broom and Snap-on Dustpan Set". (I got this from Amazon. I couldn't think of better phrasing.) This is not my first time doing this. It's easier with a chair on wheels without arm rests.
Another thing that I did is buy the flight tickets to San Antonio, Texas.
Dinner with Mercedes, Jasmine, and Lucas was nice. We had lasagna. It was good to catch up and talk with them in-person. It has been a few months, since I caught up with Mercedes.
We watched the Playmobil movie. The movie is innocent. The story is okay. Jessica said that the humor is better than the second Lego movie. The Playmobil movie was not stop motion. The characters were not developed well. The movie was original and not at the same time. It had vikings, Amazons, pirates, Fairy godmothers, secret agents, cave men, dinosaurs, western themed characters, scifi theme and warriors, a Rome theme, road tripping, flying carpets & Cinderella theme, and more. It's pretty random.

Comments