2020.08.23

 2020.07.16

Yesterday was an insane day at work. I edited my weekly blog post, covering ten days in the morning, because I worked an extra five hours last weekend. I did achieve my goal to accomplish that yesterday. I went in to work at 7:30. 

Work was intense because my project manager wanted me resolve a submittal issue, requiring me to dive into an RFI of the general contractor. He wanted me to order the parts by noon. I did not figure it out until about two post meridiem. 

Afterward, I caught up with the field for my daily reports. 

When I got home, I received my UpRight Go 2 package. Habits are hard to come by, so I don't think that I will ever turn off vibrate mode. I look a lot different with better posture, having a stronger presence. 

My goal today is to catch up on my laundry. I nearly didn't have a clean pair of socks today. I had to wash one quickly last night.

2020.07.17

I seem to be getting accustom to my extra hour in the morning, letting myself be distracted in the evening and going to sleep late. I need to refocus to be ready for next week, when I have an hour less time. 

Today is a Friday, and this week has been good. It hasn't been slow. 

Yesterday I updated the purchase order log, and I couldn't find a quote for a purchase order. My project coordinator advised me to get my email organized in the morning because I was copied in the email after sending me it in a long string of emails with a casual and vague subject title. Reorganizing my email, I do not excuse myself. 

I did a quantity take off because the initial estimate recorded a very low amount of underground source conduit. We recorded production, accomplishing too great percentages of the work. 

I was almost punctual with my daily reports until my superintendent asked me to observe preparation for the easement crossing, giving me a slight update to add on my reports. 

UpRight Go 2 is effective. I wonder how my posture will interact with my slight scoliosis. That area of my back was fatigued, and I had to recalibrate it to adjust for my fatigue by the afternoon. Calibration is an interesting concept because it advises you to calibrate in a sitting position, but it doesn't translate well to standing or walking; or maybe my posture is bad. I maintained a good percentage of good posture. Walking around the field killed the percentage. My posture would probably be bad 100 percent of the day, but my posture was good 80% of the day with UpRight Go 2. I had a complete different posture, requiring great concentration.

One proud thing about my posture that I observed today is that I adjusted my rear-view window in my truck because I am trying to hold my head straight up as if it is held by a string. Thanks to UpRight Go 2. 

On Monday, a couple crew members left for another project, and my superintendent did not include them on the time sheets, and neither did I until they asked to. My simple update to the time report was incomplete; furthermore, I did not update the daily construction report with the additional time. My project coordinator made a formal email reporting a coaching discussion. I wrote previously that I had slow days. Today's the day that I realize that I should not have any slow days. I need to keep track of everything on the project. 

At the end of the day using the UpRight Go 2, I feel like I am fighting against a rubber band. My muscles push my head forward, and my back muscles get fatigued. 

Thinking about wearable technology and trying to improve my habits, I realized that I think that I aggravate my skin, whenever I touch my face. I think that it is interesting that I use onwatch app to remind not touch my face is for hygiene, but I actually feel my skin more and when it is aggravate when I touch and don't touch it. I hope that the greater awareness of my skin decreases, and not touching my face is a normal habit.

2020.07.18

I have been working more deeply in the project more. I don't think that I will be saying things are slow anymore. 

That's all that I have to say for yesterday. I am attempting to meet Josh Aufderheide and Dallen Cluff in Round Rock today. 

Lunch with Josh Aufderheide was good. I am grateful that he values my friendship enough to travel with his children a couple hours, staying a night in a hotel, to catch up with me. I met his three children. Their names are Seth, Brooklyn, and Harper. I am probably getting the last child's name wrong. I caught up on his career adventure because I haven't caught up with him, since he graduated from UCSC and got married. He left for a job with AT&T. The children were a little rowdy, but it wasn't ridiculous. Seth took a liking to me, and I helped him with a word search and a crossword puzzle. 

Dallen invited me to hangout with his brothers, who are coming tomorrow. I didn't think that I would feel comfortable hanging out with him before, but we found a mutual interest in Ethereum. I wanted to record a podcast to interview him about it, since he works for Beaxy. It was chill because we both had things to do. 

Trevor and I were able to record a podcast. I say that I am distracted as if I am ashamed interested something that I shouldn't. I also say that I am not interested television. I actually downloaded the NBC's Peacock streaming app, but I have not watched any of it. I have been watching a lot of Snapchat. Last night I binged a show. I probably should not have finished it, but I did to get it over with. It is a show called Phone Swap. I like dating shows for an odd reason. It is a blind date until the producers have them exchange phones to see how the other person is really like. It is a very intrusive way to get to know someone deeply quickly. The episodes are very diverse, but people's integrity is exposed. Most people have very low standards as you may expect. The show is produced well, and the contestants are coupled for companionship sincerely. Phone Swap is not a Snapchat original, so it's probably on YouTube. I don't recommend it; an odd review/confession. Phone Swap embraces the awkwardness. 

Today I slept in, and Krystal made a breakfast dish that I can only describe. I have no idea how a she pronounced the name. She fried slices of tortillas, and blended tomatoes and milk; probably other ingredients. After cooking eggs, we ate the chips with the eggs and blend sauce as well as avocado slices. I never ate a dish like this. It was tasty. 

After chilling out, we watched Only Yesterday, the Studio Ghibli classic. I would say that it is the classic slice of life film. It has many life lessons, and Ghibli's environmental theme was not left out in the early 90s film. It may feel very slow. 

When Dallen's brothers came, I suddenly felt exhausted; maybe that was my introverted side. I thought that I should take a nap before driving home, but I got a second wind after a while. I spoke to Tyler. He is a DJ, and he makes music, so I was able to relate to him. We almost played a game of magic, but the preparation didn't amount to anything. 

As my time to leave came, they started to talk about the Black Lives Matter movement, and I waited until it boiled down. 

I spoke to my family when I got home. We had good conversations. I was able to get home at a good time, but I got to sleep late. My body really appreciates eight hours of sleep. People say that seven is fine, but I need to get my good routine going to feel rested. 

My coworkers asked my about why I didn't eat meat sincerely last Friday. A project manager asked me previously, but he didn't appear that he wanted to listen, but this coworker did. I told him about how I believed that God had a modern prophet today, speaking by his inspiration. He revealed that Heavenly Father prefers that we do not eat meat, saying: 

"Yea, flesh also of beasts and of the fowls of the air, I, the Lord, have ordained for the use of man with thanksgiving; nevertheless they are to be used sparingly; And it is pleasing unto me that they should not be used, only in times of winter, or of cold, or famine. All grain is ordained for the use of man and of beasts, to be the staff of life, not only for man but for the beasts of the field, and the fowls of heaven, and all wild animals that run or creep on the earth; And these hath God made for the use of man only in times of famine and excess of hunger." 

They pointed out that it says in the Old Testament that it says that it is okay to eat meat, and I explained that in the days of Noah. He taught that we are accountable for the animals that we kill, and we should keep it to a minimum. They then asked me about insects, and I said that many people don't care for the life of insects, but I limit my killing of insects as much as possible.

2020.07.21

Work yesterday went quickly for some reason. I went to purchase a new battery first thing in the morning. It's funny how people forget what they did the day previously. 

People was ragging all day in me for not washing my car yet. I got a car wash on my way home after grocery shopping, getting gas, and returning the dead battery. When I got home, I found that fresh asphalt splashed on the side of my truck. I was worried about getting hassled, but my coworker, walking by told me its nature, comforting that I don't need to clean it off. 

I feel like a fool. I ask for guidance from God, and I have very slight thoughts to do things; then, I get rebuked very soon for ignoring it. I feel an higher intelligence guiding me, and I instantly see the results of ignoring some. 

2020.07.23

Missing a weekend is hard for composing my productions. I only got seven minutes of editing on my podcast on Tuesday and about four minutes on Wednesday. 

Work is more difficult to adapt to because my project manager is here full time.

2020.07.27

I focused a lot on the Very Hicken Bros. podcast this weekend, composing a theme song for myself. I posted last week's episode a week late, and I am planning to post this week's episode on Wednesday because I still need to edit it; plus, I don't want to dump two episodes on my audience. I want to give them time to listen to last week's episode. 

Last Friday was interesting my project manager made a turn around from mocking my minimalism, telling me to eat grass, to making me food on Friday. It was stew potatoes and carrots with a spicy cajun seasoning and flavoring. 

I learned to run inventory like I am a shop-keeper. I will be where the inventory is at after I catch up on office tasks. 

Last Friday we also worked all over the jobsite at more than four locations, which made my report hard to compose and comprehend; furthermore, I did a lot of work on submittals on Friday too.

2020.07.28

Yesterday I may have complicated my work too much, but it is a little odd that managers may ask you to do impossible things within an hour. 

I don't have much to say, but my time is more limited because I have to cook my own food, and I ran out of laundry soap. My shopping will postpone my podcasts editing. I may need to just post it without editing.

2020.07.29

I was slow again to get my daily reports out again yesterday. I tried to go out to catch up with the field, but my project manager wanted me to make a submittal package for another project. 

I wasn't able to go out, and catch up with the field because the project was shut down at 2:30 due to lightning. My project manager would rather have late reports than have me finish my day, which is an indication that he thinks that I am not worth the pay. 

I worked on my first round of editing my podcast after shopping for groceries yesterday. My first round is elimination of Trevor and I's clashing, when we accidentally talk over each other, deleting incomplete sentences. Trevor called just after finishing my first round of editing. 

I got up early again today. It's odd because I rarely wake up before the alarm; unless, I wake up about ten minutes before. I don't have an alarm time anymore. I have a range of time, and my app wakes me up between REM cycles.

2020.07.31

I missed writing in my journal yesterday because I was asked to add purchasing ice for the water in my daily routine.

I felt demoralized yesterday. Relating how I feel to my personal life experience, I understand partially my project manager's frustration. I have dealt with a very unproductive person, telling them to just do something. Furthermore, I worry that I may develop anxieties. I am always doing the wrong task according to my project manager. An interpretation of a brother's situation is that he has a very dominant colleague. A relationship like this causes them to have self-doubts, losing confidence with themselves. They may develop anxieties and depression because they are afraid for their life.

We have been working eleven hour days because the lightning shut down.

I woke up again at three ante meridiem.

2020.08.04

I focused all weekend on my podcast. I figured out a more efficient way to edit Saturday. I realized that I can delete sections of multiple lines of recordings at once. Previously I would make sure we don't clash; then, I would clean it up after exporting a mp3, making a second audacity file. 

On Friday, I had a very good day. My project manager has been ragging on me all week. He told me to push medium voltage wire into a transformer. They are about 1.5" in diameter, and I had to push three of them; plus, a grounding wire in through a 5" wide PVC with a 90 turn from a trench.

One of my favorite animals


2020.08.08

My dedication to my podcast seems to be futile. The most recent episode only got one listen, and the second episode that I posted only got two listens. I have a few weeks of journal entries to edit. They aren't long because I have been so busy. Last week was less stressful since my project manager was gone. I had to balance what I learned from working with him and my autonomy. On Tuesday, I worked a lot of office stuff, finding my relationship with the field degrading. I have so much to do, but my project manager wants me to work outside. I helped a crew on Wednesday morning; then, they told me to drive to San Antonio to retrieve a couple long beams. Since the beams were too skinny, they asked me to travel to Victoria and obtain more beams on Thursday. Coming back with a square beam because the fab shop misunderstood our order, I had to go back, driving another two hours for round beams.

2020.08.09 (my podcast notes. My Uphold card actually has not been working for a couple weeks because they became aware that I had two accounts since I couldn't figure out how to get my card on my original account at that time.)

Bitcoin fees are killer. I listened to a podcast, warning me about them. The price of Bitcoin crashed in the afternoon of Saturday, and the price finally raised up above the price that I bought it on Wednesday, when I was going to go grocery shopping. I sold my all my Bitcoin at a nine dollar loss, so I could have enough money for my hotel and groceries. I would have made a little money on the sale, if there were no fees. The price went up more, but if I waited until after work yesterday to sell. I would have lost more money, since it went down again. The one thing that I think is odd is that in one year that the price of Bitcoin only increased a few percent. 

I finally figured out how to order my Uphold card, and I did not have to wait for customer support. It was weird because it asked for ten dollars on the card, but I don’t have access to the card, so I was confused. This morning I transferred some of my eth to USD, and that did the trick. Although Uphold is not an open wallet, I really like it. There are no fees, and I don’t need switch the money to USD before I pay for things. I ordered the card this morning, and I got the virtual card, which I was able to put on my Walmart app. I thought that it was cool that the eth that I have been earning through Brave was used to buy my groceries today. 

I had trouble transferring money from my Cash app debit card to my Uphold card, but I tried transferring the asset through the blockchain with Bitcoin, and it worked, which is awesome. I circumvented the debit card payment system with the blockchain. It is actually open to at least receive cryptocurrency from blockchains, but the option is kind of hidden. I had my first true transaction on the Bitcoin blockchain.

2020.08.10

I write, but I don't publish. This weekend I wrote a little in my journal. I am mostly caught up. I was hoping to publish my entries, but Trevor's laptop shutdown before he could properly save his recording for the podcast. I have to completely reorganize the conversation to make it sound natural.  

On Saturday, I did a bunch of laundry until I ran out of laundry soap. Jessica's package with bars of soap and a pair of pants to replace ripped one should be coming today.

2020.08.12

About half of the panels are installed now.
Weeks seem to be going by, and it seems that all that I am doing is contributing to my project. I want a more balanced life. I am barely taking care of myself and my family. The only indication of thriving as a person is that I am publishing a podcast. I realized that I am losing weight over the weekend due to a lack of physical activity, and I am probably not eating enough. 

It's hard to find time to workout after a ten hour day of work. I typically arrive home dehydrated.

2020.08.13

At the beginning of the week, I saw my body shrinking and getting weak. Today was very physically demanding at work. I am engaging in my health. Last night I enrolled in Trifecta. It is like Fresh n' Lean, but it will serve me four meals a day averaging 400 calories. I just need to buy my breakfast to complete my 2000 calorie diet. 

I loaded up almost 1300 dollars worth of PVC in my truck to return it; then, I was asked to help pull DC feeder wire. At the end of the day, I unloaded my truck of a small shipment of 5" SCH 80 PVC, which is another workout on its own.

2020.08.20

This week has been slow. I have been doing tedious things at work. I attempted to do inventory work on Monday, but my project manager asked me to put phase tape on wire connectors to prevent a super string; then, after lunch he told me to prepare labels. He doesn't instruct me much other than telling me what to do. I had to download the program to print the labels because I couldn't access the laptop that he told me to use. 

I finally got the labels printed on Tuesday, and they were coming out so fast that I have to complete organize them by combiner box. I feel like I am playing a gigantic game of solitaire with eighty decks of cards. There is a third variable, so it's more complicated.

2020.08.22

I got food being delivered to me again. Fresh n' Lean would barely give me a thousand calorie diet. I get food from Trifecta because they are willing to give me a vegetarian diet four meals a day, giving me a balanced diet and a good amount of calories. The food arrived on Thursday. I had a couple cheat meals already, since BHI had a "pizza party" for finishing the DC feeder installation yesterday; however, I had been thinking of starting a work out routine. Jessica asked me about yoga for some reason earlier this week, and I liked the idea of practicing yoga again. I started my yoga practice. It was good. I realized that you can build muscle in two ways as soreness and muscle building is based ripping and repairing muscle. You can ripe muscle stretching it and pushing the limit of them in its contraction. If your muscles are sore, you can stretch them potentially ripping the muscle more, creating more soreness. The balance of stretching and strength training develops more muscle building.

2020.08.23

I seem to be caught up on my journal. I am probably missing a couple days, but you have an idea of my life. My project manager treats me a little better. I didn’t have my truck all last week because it was in the body shop for repairs. That required me to adapt more. Adapting is always part of the construction industry according to my experience. 

My project coordinator, coming from Utah, worked with us all week. He saw my defeated countenance when I arrived to work on Monday, asking me about how I am. I tried to explain how miserable working with my project manager is, but it was unfruitful. My project manager sees my defeated countenance perhaps for weeks, and he doesn’t seem to care. My countenance did approve throughout the week, but that may be because my project coordinator was on the job site. My project manager may have treated me different, since he was with us. I don’t like writing about this, but having this broad journal entry, covering more than a month, makes my situation very open and direct. I don’t feel defeated and demoralized currently. We will see how next week goes.

Comments